When looking for suitable project management software, it is wise to choose the software that best suits your process. There are various project management solutions on the market of which Microsoft Project is one of the most popular. This software has been developed for years and is becoming more and more advanced. Microsoft Project 2021 is the most recently released version. To see which version is most suitable, this article compares two versions (Standard and Professional version). This article makes clear the differences between the two versions.
What are the benefits of Microsoft Project 2021 Standard?
Microsoft Project 2021 Standard offers the following:
- A new complete Project desktop application.
- Ability to easily manage schedules and costs.
- Ability to easily manage tasks, reports and company information.
- Automatically filled start and end dates.
- Ability to clearly visualize complex schedules with multiple timelines.
What are the benefits of Microsoft Project 2021 Professional?
Microsoft Project 2021 Professional offers everything that the Standard version also offers, including the following:
- Ability to easily manage resources.
- Ability to sync with Project Online and Project Server.
- Provides clear insight into matters such as timesheets, administration of salaries, invoices, etc.
- Support at LTSC (Long Term Service Channel).
- Compatibility with programs such as Office 2021 and Office LTSC.
What are the differences between Microsoft Project 2021 Standard and Professional?
- The Professional version offers various tools and functions to easily manage resources, the Standard version does not.
- The Professional version offers the possibility to synchronize with Project Online or Project Server. This means that the created or modified files can be updated in these programs. This is not possible with the Standard version.
- The Professional version offers various tools and functions to easily keep track of administrative matters and provide insight, the Standard version does not.
- The professional version provides support for LTSC. the Standard version does not do this.
- The professional version is easy to use in combination with other programs such as Office 2021 and Office LTSC, the Standard version is not.
Microsoft Project 2021 Standard offers many functionalities with which you can easily manage your projects. Partly because it has the visualization of complex schedules with multiple timelines. If you plan to use Project Online and/or Project Server, you will quickly end up with Microsoft Project 2021 Professional. Do you also need insight into the administration of projects and/or the management of resources? Even then we recommend the Professional version. The compatibility with Office 2021 and Office LTSC makes the Professional version the most complete version.