Product information “Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Standard
- SQL Server 2019 Standard Key Global provides industry leading performance and intelligence over all your data, structured and unstructured. SQL Server 2019 can now be the hub for your entire data estate, with the ability to query any database like Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra, and Hadoop in a highly secure and highly performant way—all without moving or copying the data.
- SQL Server has evolved from a traditional database to an industry leading data platform built to take on any data project, from OLTP, Data Warehousing and BI, to AI and advanced analytics over Big Data. This edition includes 10 Client Access Licenses.
- SQL Server 2019 encompasses all of this in one product, SQL Server 2019 brings enhancements in the core SQL engine, offers a scale-up and scale-out system with built in support for Big Data (Apache Spark, Data Lake), state of the art data virtualization technology, and with built-in machine learning capabilities.
- SQL Server 2019 is designed to solve challenges of the modern data professional including:
– Run faster transactions with enhanced high availability and performance.
– Get in-database machine learning with R and Python as well as self-service reports and dashboards through Power BI Report Server and Mobile BI.
– Run mission-critical workloads using Win, Linux, and containers on premises, in the cloud, or in hybrid environments.
– Integrate, manage, and analyze both relational and unstructured big data using data virtualization and big data clusters.
– Use SQL Server 2019 big data clusters as an analytical data lake with built-in support for Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) and Spark.
– Analyze and score large amounts of data with machine learning and processing platforms like Spark.
– Reduce the need for Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) applications by eliminating data movement.
– Integrate and secure machine learning applications with scalable performance.
– Reduce the need for application and query changes to gain a boost in performance.
– Increase confidential computing of data through hardware enclaves.
– Increase application and database uptime and availability through features like ADR (Advanced Database Recovery).
– Extend the power of the T-SQL language in a secure and robust fashion.
– Run applications and deploy databases across multiple operating systems and platforms with compatibility.
– Reduce the risk of upgrades while using new SQL capabilities when you are ready though inbuilt database compatibility levels.
◘ What’s the difference between SQL Server 2019 Standard and Enterprise?
- SQL Server 2019 Standard edition includes the core database engine, along with the stand-alone services. It differs from Enterprise edition in that it supports fewer active instances (number of nodes in a cluster) and does not include some high-availability functions such as hot-add memory (allowing memory to be added while the server is still running), and parallel indexes.
- SQL Server 2019 Enterprise Edition includes both the core database engine and add-on services, with a range of tools for creating and managing a SQL Server cluster. It can manage databases as large as 524 petabytes and address 12 terabytes of memory and supports 640 logical processors (CPU cores).
At least 2 GHz and 2 cores
At least 4 GB
Hard disc capacity:
At least 6 GB available
At least Super-VGA 800 x 600
Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016 or Windows 8, Windows 10;
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.3, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP2 or Ubuntu from 16.04
for Linux: Docker Engine 1.8+, 3.25 GB RAM, XFS or EXT4 file system